| GENERAL INFORMATION
This year, the LIACS Media Lab and the Beckman Institute in cooperation with the IEEE Multimedia TC and the IEE are organizing CIVR2004, the International Conference on Image and Video Retrieval: http://www.liacs.nl/home/civr . CIVR is a peer reviewed scientific conference.
Image and video storage and retrieval continues to be one of the most exciting and fastest-growing research areas in the field of multimedia technology. However, opportunities for the exchange of ideas between different groups of researchers, and between researchers and potential users of image/video retrieval systems, are still limited. The International Conference on Image and Video Retrieval (CIVR) series of conferences was originally set up to illuminate the state of the art in image and video retrieval between researchers and practitioners throughout the world.
As digital imagery and video become prevalent it will be necessary to have effective methods and paradigms to browse, share, and search for visual content. In cooperation with the IEEE Multimedia Signal Processing TC, we are seeking scientific papers which illuminate important topics or introduce novel techniques in the area of image and video retrieval. A unique feature of this conference is the high level of interaction between international researchers and practitioners. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Indexing and Interaction with bio-medical image databases
- Content-based indexing, search and retrieval of images & video
- Human perception based image/video retrieval
- Image/video search and browsing on the Web
- Similarity measures between images/video
- Semantic retrieval of images and video
- Evaluation of image and video retrieval systems
- Studies of information-seeking behaviour among image/video users
- HCI issues in image/video retrieval
- Database architectures for image/video retrieval
- High performance image/video indexing algorithms
- Novel image data management systems and applications
- Affective/Emotional interaction or interfaces for image/video retrieval
- Satellite imagery analysis/retrieval
- Image/Video summarization and visualization
- Learning and relevance feedback in image/video retrieval
The proceedings of CIVR2003 have been published by Springer in their Lecture Notes in Computer Science series vol 2728.
405 N. Mathews Ave.,
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign,