When using an Ultra160 SCSI interface in your PC (either for CD-ROM or hard-disk),
it is neccessary to install the proper SCSI drivers during the installation
of Windows 2000. The system should come with a (or multiple) floppy containing
the drivers for Windows 2000.
So here's what you do:
- Check the BIOS to see whether everything is correct
- Insert the Windows 2000 installation disk in your CD-ROM
- Wait for the system to start the Windows 2000 installation from CD
- Note that in the very beginning of the installation it asks you to press
'F6' to install any additional drivers. When it prompts for 'F6' press it.
- After a while the Windows 2000 Installation should prompt with the question
to install additional drivers, press 'S'.
- Insert the floppy with the Ultra160 SCSI drivers for your system and install
- The installation should continue without problems.
If you still get a blue screen of death, you might have the wrong drivers or
something else might be wrong.